Saturday, April 3, 2010

I know its weird, but I'm afraid of scary things.

     Although I love thunderstorms and when it rains really, really hard (the kind where you all gather around a window or go on the porch to watch it,) I enjoy it usually from within my house.  I prefer not to be out walking around in a thunderstorm, because lightning gives me agida.
     Whenever I tell someone this, I'm always met with a response like "What? You're afraid of lightning?" or "Are you REALLY?"
     Yes, I am really.  Do you know what lightning is? Are we talking about the same thing here?
      Because last time I checked, lightning was when a HUGE, UNPREDICTABLE BURST OF ELECTRIC CURRENT SHOOTS DOWN FROM THE SKY TO A RANDOM SPOT ON THE GROUND OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE AND ELECTRICUTES THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF WHATEVER HAPPENS TO BE THERE AT THAT MOMENT.
     I mean if you're talking about something else, that's fine.  But I'm talking about the thing I just described.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. When I was younger i would literally start crying at the slightest sound of thunder. Even if a table was bumped on a hardwood floor and made a slight thunder-like sound I would freak out. Lightening was the WORST!!! I've gotten better with age but I am absolutely a "watch from inside" kind of girl too.

    PS I double clicked next to "0 comments" and then again somewhere near "Post a Comment" to post this. I saw you mention you weren't sure how yet.

    ReplyDelete