Saturday, February 12, 2011

Only Read This If You Care

       Ok so I get that its all trendy and whatever to bash social networking sites like you're above all that shit or whatever- but I don't understand why people are always complaining about Facebook statuses and Twitter updates saying stuff they don't care about.  You know how people are always like "I don't care if you're waiting for the bus!" or "Why do I have to read that you're brushing your teeth??" etc.
      Ok, lets talk about regular daily life off-line for a second.  I can't remember the last time someone told me something in person and I actually gave a shit.  Ok that's an exaggeration and I'm not that much of a douchebag, but the point I'm making still stands.   Why would online be any different?  Like 50% of our waking hours are filled with people saying stuff to you that you don't really care about.  And its way worse than online, because when someone writes a facebook status that you don't care about you can always stop reading it once you realize its not interesting.  In the regular world, you can't stop the person from talking.  And not only that, but you often have to pretend you care when you don't- which can be exhausting sometimes.
    When you're behind a computer you don't have to do any of that, so how annoying can it really be?
    Toughen up, girl scout.
  

5 comments:

  1. But that's exactly the point. It's so goddamn exhausting to fake interest in person that once you go online, you don't want to deal with that shit anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it why is it so hard to people to their faces that they don't care, there are many way for instance if you don't like the person jsut tell him/her that you don't like hearing that s#!t, but if you like him/her you can tell them politely. I bet most of the time if you be honest with them they will understand ubless they are f**king idiots, so why do people pretend???

    ReplyDelete
  3. DKay-- but you don't have to! There's nothing to deal with. You don't have to do anything online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I'll just ignore whoever doesn't interest me, but some people feel so entitled to their precious opinions that they'll leave the type of comments you're bitching about.

    I guess they're frustrated and looking for an outlet and/or trying to bring attention to themselves without having something interesting to say on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HAD a facebook account but canceled it after family and friends crossed mingled and inter twined and I forbid that in r/l but the pointless comments made are not really the point. Telling everyone I'm brushing my teeth is just me actively participating in the primitive need to socialize and be heard/seen. My need is to be a part of your village, please accept me, don't forget I'm here, let me participate in your life. Look past my pointless drivel and see me reaching out to you.

    ReplyDelete