Sunday, December 26, 2010

Skillz

    Everyone has things they are good at and things they suck at.  Usually its a pretty random mix - but mine actually has a theme.  The theme is "Uselessness."  Basically, everything I am good at has no way of benefitting me in life.  If its impossible to make a living doing it, then I'll kick ass at it.  If you're competing against me in something where the skills required will never come in handy, ever, then you might as well forfeit now because you're going to lose. 
   Take, for example, Mini Golf.  I rarely play Mini Golf, but when I do play it I win.  By a lot.  Always.  If it were regular golf then yeah the chances of being good enough for the Pros are slim but at least its possible to play golf for a living. So how am I at regular golf?  Terrible.  Because being good at it can be beneficial. 
   I'm also really good at climbing, of which I believe (for adults definitely) I am in the top 1 or 2 percentile.  I can out-climb you in a climb-off any day.  I think its due to my body type (thin, long, unattractive.) But alas, we spend the vast majority of our waking hours on flat, even surfaces within close proximity of the ground.  So my monkey-like abilities are wasted.
   Oh I'm also really good at Archery, which I found out recently.  If I was living in 1500 BC I'd be thrilled. 

5 comments:

  1. "oh wise one" usually I agree with you on everything you say but this subject I have to disagree with you, you are probably one of the most talented person I have come to known. The only problem is you are at your best when you are having fun for example painting whether you believe it or not you make really great paintins, if you want you could make easy money of your paintings, and mini golf you do always win b/c you are having fun. You can be best at anything you want if you believe in your self I know I believe in you b/c you are a great person overall :-) "It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not"(yours truely Anonymous reader) The two things I bet you cannot beat me is for sure Climbing, and Pool and that I am completely off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I know who you are now, mystery person. Hmmm we should have a climbing contest...

    ReplyDelete
  3. well if you are know me then what's one beautiful place I would love to back to where I get the peace and quiet I want?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was awesomely written and humorous. Could you fire an arrow while riding a horse? Or perhaps snipe enemies with arrows off of cliffs that you climb up to the top of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet she could that would be awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete